Are you coming to California?
Search here for the best deals
in Flights, Hotels,
Vacation rentals, & Cars!
Sonoma Valley is the site where the California wine industry first chirped and greeted the world. It is situated nestled between the Mayacamas and Sonoma mountain ranges, and boasts 17 miles of astounding, picturesque beauty, which includes 13,000 acres of parkland.
Sonoma Valley is a reasonable small valley but despite it's small size, it is considered to be one of the finest areas of production of wine. This can be attributed to it's rich soil, it's geographical location, the amount of sun it gets, and indeed, the amount of rain it gets is also important. All factors add up to make an excellent quality of grape, and thus, wine.
The vineyards of Sonoma Valley are said to have been planted as early as 1824.
The strength of the wine industry of Sonoma Valley was clearly displayed when the industry of the area survived and since grew from two rather large circumstances, which could have been very serious set-backs. These were, firstly, the phylloxera epidemic in the 1870s and secondly, the prohibition.
Since World War II, the beautiful Sonoma Valley increased in production and size, but thankfully, remains a very graceful and breathtaking area.
Amongst many of it's attributes, Sonoma Valley touts an excellent production of Pinot Noir, Cabernet Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and quality Chardonnay.
Sonoma Valley is located a mere 45 minutes from San Francisco’s Golden Gate, in the northern direction. The beautiful valley stretches all the way from Santa Rosa in the North, extending 17 miles to Carneros in the South. The valley benefits from the cooling action of the wandering fogs of San Pablo Bay.
Should you ever travel this entire stretch, you would find more than 13,000 acres of vineyards and many quality wineries, of which a large number are family run.
It is in Sonoma Valley where the second American Revolution began and the Bear Flag Republic of California was first established. Sonoma Plaza, which is in the center of town is the main point of town and has many deliciously smelling restaurants, wine-tasting rooms and unique boutiques.
Sonoma County is located about 1 hour north of San Francisco and 8 hours north of Los Angeles. Although less famous than the adjacent Napa Valley, Sonoma County has many fine wineries and eating establishments as well. In addition, Sonoma County has majestic redwoods and gorgeous coastline scenery where it is adjacent to the Pacific Ocean. Major cities and towns include Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Sonoma, Healdsburg and Guerneville.
- Benziger Family Winery : Benziger Family Winery
- Sebastiani Vineyards : Sebastiani Vineyards and Winery, makers of red and white wines. Includes information on hospitality center and vineyards.
- Gloria Ferrer Champagne : Welcome to the Gloria Ferrer Champagne Caves in Sonoma, CA, where we produce the finest sparkling wines, made in the traditional Methode Champenoise from grapes grown in our own vineyards. Come by for a visit to the beautiful scenery of the Sonoma wine co
- Bartholomew Winery : Bartholomew Park Winery, Sonoma County
- Buena Vista Winery : Founded in 1857 in the heart of Sonoma, Buena Vista Winery was California's first premium winery. Today, the winery produces Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon from our Classic, Carneros Estate and Carneros Reserve wine
- St. Francis Winery : Originally planted in 1910, and now producing two estate wines.
- Kunde Estate Winery : From the heart of Sonoma Valley, enjoy the 100-year-old Taste of Tradition of this family owned and operated winery.
- Kenwood Vineyards : Kenwood Vineyards, located in Kenwood, California, USA, in the heart of the Sonoma Valley wine country, is a producer of premium quality varietal wines. Wines Produced include Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Bla
- Matanzas Creek Winery : Matanzas Creek Winery: Home of world-class wines and estate-grown lavender and lavender products.
- Ravenswood Winery : Ravenswood is a small, highly specialized winery in Sonoma, California, which annually produces some 100,00 cases of exceptional wine.
- Château St. Jean : Sonoma County as been Chateau St. Jean's home since its founding in 1973. Our heritage is rooted in Sonoma County vineyards, and is the essence of the wines we've created.
- Glenn Ellen Winery : There are many picturesque wineries in the Glen Ellen and Kenwood areas of the Sonoma Valley.
- Arrowood Winery : The philosophy at Arrowood has always been to create classic varietal wines using grapes exclusively from Sonoma County's diverse viticultural areas. Founded in 1986 by Richard Arrowood, Arrowood joined the Robert Mondavi Family of Wines in 2000.
- Landmark Vineyards : Our story is about soil, innovation and dedication: a legacy that has been passed down through Deere generations for 162 years. We seek to make the best wine possible because we live in the best possible place on Earth.
- Cline Cellars : Cline Cellars produces fine wines in Northern Califonia.
- Crown Limousine : Napa Valley Crown Limousine services for wine touring, weddings and airport service
- Free brochure : Request Information a free brochure from the Sonoma Valley Visitors Bureau
- Hot Air Balloon Flight : Hot airballoon rides in Sonoma, California