Are you coming to California?
Search here for the best deals
in Flights, Hotels,
Vacation rentals, & Cars!
San Diego, with it's moderate climate (average temperature: 70°F), and scenic oceanside location, is another great California city to visit year round. Some of San Diego's most famous attractions are at Balboa Park and Mission Bay. Balboa Park includes many beautifully landscaped acres, the San Diego Zoo, and most of the city's museum. At Mission Bay, you can see dolphins and killer whales at Sea World or go bicycling or boating. There is much more to see in San Diego, including Old Town, and Cabrillo National Monument.
- San Diego : City of San Diego Official Website
- San Diego : Official Site of the San Diego Tourist Bureau. Providing information for San Diego visitors. Hotels/Resorts, Shopping, Dining, Nightlife, Car Rentals, Calendar of Events and much more.
- San Diego Recreation Guide : San Diego Links - Complete guide to everything San Diego, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, events, attractions and theme parks in San Diego California.
- San Diego History : The San Diego Historical Society is an educational and cultural institution dedicated to preserving and sharing our growing historical collections and extensive archives with our members, visitors, and the community.
- San Diego City Guide : Travelconsumer.com's mission is to provide travelers with a unique and valuable collection of resources, advice, great writing, and unbiased recommendations. Our Web-based discussion group provides an opportunity for travelers to share their adventures, joys, recommendations, and frustrations with each other.
- Encinitas : Encinitas Municipal Website
- La Jolla : La Jolla's complete listing of businesses and visitor information.
- Del Mar : Del Mar remains one of the most beautiful destinations along the Western Coastline. The City is comprised of two square miles of coastal land and has a population around 4,500.
- Coronado : Coronado is the perfect place to swim, sail, surf, bike, run, walk, rollerblade, play tennis, play golf, take a tour, take in a play or visit Coronado’s only museum. The nightlife and world-famous attractions of San Diego are just a short drive away.
- Carlsbad : The City of Carlsbad is located 30 miles north of downtown San Diego, in Southern California. Carlsbad is home to beautiful beaches, flower fields, Legoland, thriving businesses and homes.
- Pacific Beach : Personal Page about Pacific Beach
- Oceanside : Everything you could ever possibly want to know about the beautiful Southern California beach community of Oceanside
- Fallbrook : Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Information for North San Diego County. The Friendly Village and Avocado Capitol is a rural, agricultural community.
- Solana Beach : The Official City Website for the City of Solana Beach, California
- San Diego Zoo : Buy tickets online and use our calendar of events to plan your visit to the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park. Play games, watch live animal cams and videos, and enjoy great animal facts, conservation tips, special content for kids, and online shopping. The San Diego Zoo is home to 4,000 rare and endangered animals, including giant pandas. The Wild Animal Park is unlike traditional zoos, with giraffes, rhinos, antelope, and zebras roaming in huge field enclosures
- Sea World : SeaWorld/Busch Gardens ANIMALS - Explore the wild world of animals. Discover opportunities to care and conserve. Connect through our camps, courses, and careers.
San Diego is a city located in the southwestern corner of the state of California (and thus in the southwestern corner of the continental United States). It is the county seat of San Diego County, California. The city is noted for its temperate climate and beautiful beaches. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 1,223,400. The city is the second largest in California and the seventh largest in the United States.
San Diego is the home of numerous military facilities including Navy ports and Marine bases. It is the home port of three Navy supercarriers, the USS John C. Stennis, the USS Nimitz and the USS Ronald Reagan, five amphibs, several nuclear submarines, and numerous smaller ships. One of the United States Marine Corps' two Recruit Depots is located here. Several Navy vessels have been named USS San Diego in honor of the city.
San Diego is a major tourist destination, attracting visitors from all over the world. Noted San Diego tourist attractions include:
* San Diego Zoo
* San Diego Wild Animal Park
* Mission Bay
* Old Town
* Gaslamp Quarter
* Petco Park
* Qualcomm Stadium
* Balboa Park
San Diego is about two and a half hours south of Los Angeles and about half an hour north of Tijuana, Mexico.
San Diego International Airport, also Lindbergh International Airport or Lindbergh Fiel
* La Jolla
* Mission Beach
* Pacific Beach
* Ocean Beach
* Mira Mesa
* Rancho Bernardo
* Mission Valley
* Scripps Ranch
* University Towne Center
This 'General information' section is extracted from the Wikipedia, a free encyclopedia avaible under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. The original article can be found here.